Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mod Slash Quilt

The Mod Slash quilt is finished! The quilting design I planned didn't work out, as once again I fell prey to the curse of the magical appearing fabrics. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with basting, but during quilting extra fabric always appear, and they end up causing severe puckers and distorted blocks. I'll have to find a way to solve this problem, because it's really preventing me from doing more interesting and ambitious machine quilting designs.

So for this quilt, after realizing my original plan isn't going to work, I ended up doing a similar quilting design to my Tea Time Runner, a zig zag stitch done in matchstick fashion.

I'm happy with the end result, despite it not being what I originally was planning. I was delighted to find out just how warm and comfy a quilt is to curl up on the couch with, too. I did not expect a thin layer of cotton batting with thin fabrics to be, well, so insulating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and for your comments! I try to reply to comments, so if you don't hear from me, check if you're a no-reply blogger. Have a nice day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...