Auditioning fabrics for this quilt was really fun. I knew that I needed 25 colors, so I either had to pick 25 loose fat quarters from my stash, or use a coordinated bundle that has 25 or more colors. I ended up going with some Cotton + Steel basics.
This quilt was easy but took quite awhile to make because there are so many pieces. The arrangement of blocks was quite like a puzzle, and since I used different fabrics than the pattern, I had to make a key and refer to it constantly. I was fearful the whole time that I'd make a mistake and wouldn't discover it until it was going to be annoying to remove!
This quilt was really fun to quilt. I named this quilt Skyways because I'm imagining this futuristic world with floating cities where all the pathways are up in the air criss-crossing.
I did a simple piano key design for all the pathways and I like how they contrast really well with the negative space.
I like the front of this quilt a lot, but I think the back looks really cool too!
I had such a good time working on this quilt, and I'm very pleased with the outcome.
My little model was so excited to be in the picture!