I've finished piecing my Modern Crosses quilt, and am in the process of quilting it. I decided on an edge-to-edge design for this quilt. While I enjoy custom quilting, for this type of busy, wonky design, I prefer to tie it together with an overall design.
I'm really enjoying quilting on my Handi Quilter, but I find that I detest the bobbin winder. It took me what felt like an hour to get one semi-decent bobbin. For some reason, my super-strong-never-broke-during-quilting Isacord thread kept breaking before it can be wound when it's in the tension disk, yet when I finally get it winding, it will fly out of the tension disk and result in a very loose wind. The Youtube video makes it look so easy, but I've wanted to tear my hair out over it ... or try prewound bobbins. That's tempting.